I want to talk about visualization for a moment. This is a muscle I frequently flex in my day to day life. This is something at which we should all be skilled so I’m going to give you an exercise or two to do in your spare time.
These exercises can be done at any point during your day when you don’t need to concentrate on anything else. You can do this in the bus or subway going to and from work, at night as you lie in bed before sleeping or anywhere in between those two points. However, in the beginning, it’s best to do this at home in a quite comfy space. All you need to do is close your eyes and think of something to focus on. My daughter was a toddler when I first started learning about visualization. She had these alphabet blocks that I’d made for her. Each side of a block had a letter and a picture. A for Alligator, B for Balloon… you get the idea. I used the blocks to give me ideas of things to think of.
Get comfortable and relax. The first time you do this, you’re going to want to choose something easy, like an apple.
- Close your eyes and relax. Imagine an apple- red, roundish with a brown stem coming out of the top. Hold that in your mind for a few minutes until you can do it with the picture wavering.
- When you’ve got a good solid image of an apple, I want you to imagine how the apple feels in your hand. Feel the smooth, hard surface. Is it whole and intact, or has it been cut in half?
- Take some time with this part. Really hold that image in your mind’s eye. Imagine you’re holding the apple in your hand. Roll it over, squeeze it, smell it, toss it in the air. Really get a feel for this apple.
- After you’ve gotten to the point where you can really see this apple as real as possible in your mind, the next thing I want you to do is take a bite. That’s right, take a big ole bite and chew it up.
- Taste the sweetness. Feel the skin of the apple between your teeth and the slightly grainy texture of the meat on your tongue. Chew the apple for a while. Imagine swallowing it.
- Putting all this information together in your mind helps to make the picture of the apple 3-dimensional instead of 2-dimensional.
There’s isn’t a whole lot to this. Just practice, practice, practice. This plus intent will really go a long way to helping you manifest.